Contributions to Security Monkey are welcome! Here are some tips to get you started hacking on Security Monkey and contributing back your patches.
Development Setup OS X¶
Please review the Mac OS X Development Setup Instructions to set up your Mac for Security Monkey development.
Development Setup Ubuntu¶
Please review the Ubuntu Development Setup Instructions to set up your Ubuntu installation for Security Monkey Development.
Development Setup Windows¶
Please review the Windows Development Setup Instructions to set up Windows for Security Monkey development.
- Code should be accompanied by tests and documentation. Maintain our excellent test coverage.
- Follow the existing code style, especially make sure
flake8does not complain about anything.
- Write good commit messages. Here’s three blog posts on how to do it right:
- One branch per feature or fix. Keep branches small and on topic.
- Send a pull request to the
v1/developbranch. See the GitHub pull request docs for help.